Friday, February 3, 2012

Gay Rights?

Do gays have rights?  Do any of us have rights?  Who gives the rights?  Let's talk about gay marriage.  Who instituted marriage? Answer: God.  Therefore, who regulates marriage?  Answer: God.  The state has absolutely no jurisdiction over marriage.  None. Nada.  Zip. Zilch.  If I had it to do over again, I would not have gotten a marriage license.  My children do not need marriage licenses.  Do we need the state to give us permission to marry? Why would we?  It is not their jurisdiction.  So, to determine if anyone should marry, go to the law-giver Himself.  Christians, you do not marry non-Christians, end of story.  Gays, no, you do not get to marry. 
Lest you think I don't personally know any gays, let me assure you, I have been friends with gay people. There is one in particular that breaks my heart as he was married with beautiful children and a leader in the church.  Our families were close friends.  We laughed together, we cried together, we served together, we broke bread together, we worshipped together.  Until tragedy struck.  And the father of all lies got a stronghold.  I still weep over this family, it was destroyed, and continues to be to this day.  I love them.  But repentance has not been granted to this man.  I pray that it will be. Back to the topic.

"But I was born this way." Yes, and I, too, was born this way.  A sinner, pure and simple.  "But you want me to be happy, right?" I will tell you what I tell my children, "Your happiness is not really a concern to me, but your holiness is."

Gays do not have the same rights as others.  Neither does any other unrepentant sinner.  Are you disobedient?  A murderer? A thief? A liar? Yes, you are.  And so am I.  So what gives us rights?  The blood of Christ.  It gives us the right to becomes sons and daughters of the Most High.  Are you living in your sin without repentance?  No rights for you, well, except the right to hell.  Are you a choosen son or daughter of the King who daily repents from sin and lives to please Him?  Then you have rights, the right to suffer as He did, the right to give everything up for Him.  The right to daily die to self and see His glory in your life.

Gay rights?  Are you kidding me?  Get real!

No comments: