Friday, April 2, 2010

We are Off Again!

We are heading back to Mexico for a short mision trip. We will be accompanying Mr. Lankford with Brother's Keepers Ministries this time and visiting an orphanage in Cuidad Acuna, across the border from Del Rio. I know, I know, border towns are on the news every day for violence due to the drug wars. I do have a tremendously blessed life. Unspeakeably and unimaginably blessed. I could stay and sit in my comfortable house with my comfortable clothing and all the groceries I want and just enjoy what I have. I could spend my life pleasing myself and my family. But as a child of the King, I must tell others. I must train my children to reach others. As arrows they will go to places I never will. God will launch them from our quiver to accomplish His purposes and they must be honed and ready. We live missions, everyday, no matter in our backyards or across borders. What is the purpose in life besides? Christian, what are you living for if not for Christ? For your own comfort and desires? God forbid that it may not be so. Jesus did not suffer and die for me to be comfortable or seek my own vices. My life is His, my words, my actions, my desires. May I die every minute to self that His will be done and not my own. God is Sovereign and I am called to obedience. To God be the glory!

You wanna tell me how dangerous life is in a border town, let me tell you how dangerous a life is without Jesus.
You wanna tell me how dangerous life is in a border town, let me tell you how dangerous a life is with a false gospel.
You wanna tell me how dangerous life is in a border town, let me tell you how dangerous life is in the comfort zone.

No comments: