- Did I submit to God and His plan for me by humbly respecting and submitting to my dear husband (dh)?
- Can I, without shame, give an account to God for every word I have spoken to my dh?
- Is God pleased with the way I have treated my dh? Have I shown Godly love, patience, and forgiveness?
- Have I earnestly prayed for my dh today?
- Have I shown proper gratitude to God and to my dh for the headship that has been provided for me?
- Am I aware of my dh's good qualities?
- Have I chosen to cheerfully obey my dh's commands today? Have I openly rebelled against his authority?
- Am I being loyal to my dh and his leadership? Have I treated him with pride or scorn?
- Have I supported and built up my dh as the leader of our home?
- Can my dh delight and be proud of my attitudes and actions?
- Have I been negligent, lazy, or resistant in fulfilling my duties toward my dh?
- Have I been discontent or angry today under the God-ordained headship of my dh?
How far do you go in your submission? What if it makes you uncomfortable? What if it leads to physical harm or even death? Who is responsible? God's Word clearly indicates that He puts the husband in the position of authority. Your dh will have to answer to God for his actions, just as you will have to answer to God for your actions. Were you submissive, as unto the Lord, even unto death, as Christ was submissive unto the Father, even unto death?
Lest you think otherwise, this is an issue I struggle with as a Christian wife. Die to self? For Christ, okay, I am fine with that. But for my dh? What about equal rights? Remember, Adam was created first, then Eve, to be his helper.
Conviction is painful, but I thank God that He continues to mold me to be more like His Son.