Monday, February 16, 2009

Dancing Before the Lord

2 Samuel 6:14 And David danced before the Lord will all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

You know the story about David dancing before the ark. He is joyful and celebrating the Lord.
Yesterday we attended Iglesia again. After 4+ hours of service, along with a previous 6 hours, I still have no idea what they are saying. But I do know this. They are joyful. They are excited to be in the house of the Lord and they show it. This one gentlemen, I will call him David, was especially joyful. He was dancing. I mean, from his heart, with all his might, and for his Lord. He was not the only one, but the one that stuck out in my mind. There were alot of people and most everyone was standing, so I did not see him the entire time, but when the music was over, he was a glorious site. He was literally dripping with sweat and glowing with gladness. He came into the temple dressed very nice. By the time his celebrating had subsided, his royal purple shirt was soaked with sweat, his well-groomed hair was tussled, and his face, although red with exaustion and shiny with perspiration, was emmitting the Light of His Joy. How many of us are that excited to be in the house of the Lord on His day? I thank God for both Davids and their inspiration!

No comments: