Friday, June 27, 2008

God Hears and Answers

It was after midnight when he woke up. "I don't feel right. Something is wrong." It hurt to even talk. She sat up as he turned on the light. "I can't catch my breath. It feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest." She looked at him and he was sweating. She felt his skin and it was cold and clammy. "Let me call 911," she said. He replied, "Not yet." She followed him into the living room where he tried to get comfortable. "I can't breathe, my chest is so tight, it feels like an elephant is on it." She felt his pulse and it was weak. "I can call an ambulance or drive you to the hospital." He looked over at his child who had fallen asleep on the oversized chair earlier in the evening. "Don't worry about the children, I can wake them up and put them in the van, it's not a big deal," she tried to console him as he had repeatedly looked at the sleeping child with concern. He thought to himself, "I know my wife will be ok, but I'm sad for my children." He thought he was going to die. After a few minutes, he asked which hospital. The man who never wanted to go to a hospital himself was now ready. She called a friend to ask as they were new to the area had no medical insurance. After a few minutes on the phone, she hung up, knowing that their friend would be praying. The Lord spoke to her. "Pray for him." "Lord, I have been praying for him." "Pray out loud, and touch him." She walked over and put her hand on her precious husband. "Lord, heal him. You know what is wrong. Heal him." Almost immediately he started to breathe easier. Within 30 minutes he was feeling better than he had in a while. God was their medical insurance. God is the Mighty Healer. The Creator of the Universe heard that small voice in the midst of the darkness, and answered that prayer. To God be the glory, forever and ever. Praise the Lord!

Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

He will answer you too. Trust Him.

No comments: