Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thinking God's Thoughts

"We are more fond of our own thoughts than the thoughts of the Bible." - NO RUSTY SWORDS
The thoughts expressed in the Bible are never simply noble. They are also disturbing. They tell us about a holy God and an unrighteous people, a way of life and a way of death, and a way of servanthood instead of a life of selfishness. These thoughts are not there simply to inform us, but more particularly to challenge us to live a life of dedication to the God of whom the Bible speaks. Living the thoughts of the Bible will put us out of step with the values of the world, but it will invest us in the world as salt and light.
We may think we are doing the right thing, but the LORD always knows what is in our hearts. - Proverbs 21:2
As our church asks God for revival this week, this devotion from Dietrich Bonhoeffer is encouraging and challenging at the same time. Do I really want God's thoughts to be my own? They are challenging and will set us apart in this world. They will transform your life. PRAISE GOD for that! If I have not been changed by the gospel message, I have not actually heard and received the gospel message. If my life looks the same as those around me in the world, I am not following the Holy and Most-High God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Change me, oh Lord, make my thoughts your thoughts, Show me my unrighteousness and sin that I may turn from it and to You.
We are truly blessed to have the Moore family bringing us God's Word this week in message and in song. God's prophets and messengers will be among us and we will delight in His presence. If possible, do not miss this time of annointing! You will be transformed if you allow God His work in your life.

No comments: